Creating the first user
After your (hopefully) successfull installation of refbase, you should create your own admin account.
Please, make sure that you exactly follow the steps outlined on the welcome page after successful installation. These steps are:
- Goto the main refbase page (Home)
- Login with email address = email@example.com and password = start
- (make sure that the top right corner of your screen says: "You're logged in as Admin (firstname.lastname@example.org), if not see Troubleshooting below)
- Click on Add User and enter the name, institutional abbreviation, email address and password of the admin user
- Open the file initialize/ini.inc.php in a text editor and change the value of the $adminLoginEmail variable to the email address you've specified for the admin user
- Log out, then login again using the email address and password of your newly created admin account
Especially note that you must set the value of the $adminLoginEmail variable in file initialize/ini.inc.php to the email address of your newly created admin user (step 4.).
When being logged in as admin, you should see a red "Admin" label in front of your email address at the top right corner of the screen. An example screenshot is given here. If this is not the case for you, the following tips may help you to get things working properly.
You won't be able to login as admin using email address = email@example.com and password = start if you've already changed the value of the $adminLoginEmail variable before attempting to login for the first time. This variable must only be changed after you've created your own admin user.
Also, please make sure that:
- your PHP installation supports sessions
session.use_cookiesis set to ON in your active php.ini file
- you have cookies enabled in your browser
- you've instructed your browser to accept cookies from your refbase site